Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Humble beginnings...

I've always wondered if characterizing oneself as humble is in fact the opposite...but I am going to take a risk here and ponder exactly what God is doing in my life right now. Photography has always been an interest for me. I am that girl, camera in hand, just waiting to capture moments in time, whether it be a special event that I am attending, a sweet moment with my daughter, or a fun evening with friends.

Recently, I have stumbled upon the manual settings of my camera, no longer so intimidated that I just default to automatic. The lovely Emily Anderson (www.olliewrenphoto.com) and Emma Joersz (myodddog.com) have gifted me their shutterbug wisdom and so I jump in with both feet to my "humble beginnings" as a "photographer." I guess I wasn't even saying that it was me that was humble anyways... :)

Now, I find myself making a facebook "visual artist" page and creating a professional-ish type of a blog to exhibit my work. I have no idea where this adventure will take me....but I am thrilled to think of the possibilities. Thank you for being interested enough to log on to my blog and look through my work. If you are skilled at photography and you have any helpful tips or constructive criticism to offer, I welcome it. And as always, I love comments!

2 comments:

  1. Excited for you as you get this creative dream going...it's gonna be great!

    ReplyDelete